Founder @ DataQG
January 19, 2022
What is DataQG?
Lack of Data Governance Awareness: The data management market size is estimated at USD 72.79 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 122 billion in 2025 . However, while this market is growing at such a rapid pace, awareness about the critical role data governance plays in most enterprise data, machine learning (ML), and artificial intelligence (AI) initiatives, is lacking. While interviewing hundreds of data governance professionals, one common term arose during the process: “undervalued”. The growing demands for competitive insights and data privacy are fueling the need for successful data governance projects in most organizations. Although resources are abundant, a centralized home that provides information from a variety of sources like practitioners, software providers, consulting firms, and thought leaders simply does not exist in the governance space. This is where DataQG comes in.
- Lack of Relevant Resources: The gap for project resources, relevant industry content, community collaboration, world-class talent, and career opportunities in the market is significant. Many topics and items are centered around a single or a handful of opinions. As we all know, Data Governance is not one-size-fits-all for any organization. Do we feel like existing content and information is relevant? Absolutely. However, a home for all the voices, opinions, and resources in the governance space should be easily accessible and curated in a manner conducive to learning and growth.
- Inability to reach a targeted Data Governance audience: Solution providers, the open-source community, and content creators have their own challenges reaching and impacting their target audience. We offer the most valuable data governance impression on the market. Existing data governance content in many cases is locked behind paywalls or fragmented across various platforms, diluting its impact. The new generation of data governance professionals, technology, and content creators need a home where their voices can be heard, and debate is appreciated.
What Makes DataQG Unique?
- What are some of the use-cases driving data governance in my industry?
- How do I justify building a Data Governance program within my org? How do I get buy-in from other stakeholders?
- Where do I start with learning resources from a people, process, and technology perspective?
- Where can I source and secure the best talent?
- What is my measure of success? How do we measure it accurately and consistently?
- What are others in my industry using to track the success of their data governance programs?
- Where have others failed, and how can I learn from these challenges?